Managing complex and chronic healthcare conditions can be extremely complicated for patients and their caregivers. CHI is addressing that with a comprehensive care management program that helps patients, families, and healthcare providers navigate care, manage complex health issues, and locate community resources. CHI has a team of dedicated nurse care managers who work within our healthcare community — in Patient-Centered Medical Homes, Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula’s emergency department and inpatient floors, and with Aspire’s Medicare Advantage patients.
– Enhance the quality of the patient’s healthcare experience
– Facilitate effective transitions as patients go between health settings and home
– Provide clinical best practices and patient-centric care plans to help patients reach their wellness goals
– Educate patients, families, and caregivers about proper healthcondition and medication management
– Assist patients and providers in reducing unnecessary costs
– Support patients with community resources
– Reduce readmissions to the hospital and emergency room